*November 9th*

How important is my family to me? Yes, I know I need friends, but what do I gain if I choose certain people as friends, and while doing so, give up remembering that my family as also important.

What if I can accomplish both? Is it possible? Do I have friends that respect my parents, and do my parents appreciate my friends?

In the "Parent Team Intervention Program" we believe kids "can" have both; good relationships with friends and happiness in family. Actually, we insist that this happens before a young man or young lady graduates and leaves the program.

We require this because of the principle upon which we all agree, that, "We each become like the people we spend time with." Choosing the right friends, and showing effort to be kind to your parents, will go far to bring peace and happiness to your life.

[Written by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI /
Supervisor: Peter Mosgofian, MA, MFT ]

No comments: