*October 3rd*

Sometimes I get real confused in my head. Its like I get dizzy, and my thoughts get to racing. Usually it is then when I try to come up with my own answers about life and what is happening when I try to get along with others. When the answers I are right don't work, I then grow frustrated and sometimes become angry. When this happens it is best that I "Keep it simple and live with faith in the moment."

Probably there is nothing I can do now, this minute, this hour, this day, to solve the problem that is causing me to be frustrated. If so, then why do I make it harder for myself?

I will stop depending only on my own thinking to solve things that are too big for me. I will not re-think in my head over and over, to the point that I finally get physically sick in doing so. I will empty my mind of all this craziness. Instead I will ask God to give me strength, help, and in His time, make sense of what happens around me.

Today's Reminder
The things that trouble me are often too complicated for me to figure out. Actually, the thing that is bothering me, might be something that is not even real, but instead something I've "made-up" in my own mind. When I get stuck in this way of thinking, I will remind myself to "Keep it simple and live with faith in the moment." I know then I will find myself more happy in the end.

"Under the shadow of Thy wing shall be my refuge until this tyranny pass." (Book of Common Prayer)

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: