*August 10th*

In the book of Ecclesiasticus we read: "The stroke of the tongue breaks the bones. Weigh your words in a balance and make a door and a bar for your mouth. Envy and anger shortens your life."

This statement speaks directly for me as a teenager in my family. I can remind myself that I am working to improve myself. To do this, I must protect myself from influences of confusion, anger and resentment. I must check my part in difficulties I’m having with family members, especially with my parents.

Today’s Reminder
Let me remember how much damage I may have done, and may still do, by saying the first thing that comes to mind. Let me realize that the worst reaction of unbridled anger falls upon me. What I say in a single moment of uncontrolled rage can have inconceivable long-range consequences.

"Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the truth of man worketh not the righteousness of God." (Epistle of James)

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 9-10.]

No comments: