*August 21st*

If I believe that it is hopeless to expect any improvement in my life, and that I will never learn to get along with other people, I am doubting the power of God to help me in my life. If I believe I have reason for to simply "give up" and "stop trying", I am confessing personal failure, for I "do" have the power to change myself, and nothing can prevent it but my own unwillingness.

Never let me imagine that my satisfaction with life depends on what someone else may do. This is a thinking error I can get rid of with the help of others. I can learn to avail myself of the immense, inexhaustible power of God, if I am willing to be "continually" conscious of God's nearness.

Today's Reminder
I am not totally at the mercy of a cruel world, for I have the power to determine what my life will be "one day at a time." I am not alone, because God is with me whenever I make myself aware of Him.

"To be without hope, is to deny the wonderful possibilities of the future."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon" for the "Parent Team Intervention Program" by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI, 8-21.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1b