*August 15th*

Each of us has enormous potential. Many of our frustrations come from not making the most of ourselves and getting out of life what it has to give, ready and waiting for us to accept.

My parent made me go to this "teamwork intervention program" to create change in my behavior. I absolutely did "not" like going to this at first. Yet, I must admit, since I'm in this thing, perhaps it is true I can learn something from it.

Yes, I might hate to admit it, but the solutions to my life rest with me and no one else, and I must admit not all I've been doing has been good for me. With the help of my spiritual principles that I'm learning, I can adorn my life with happiness, no matter what other people say or do around me.

Today's Reminder
Other people can affect me only as I allow them to. I need not be influenced by others, for I am free to consult my own conscience, and decide what is best for me. In addition, at least this point in my life, my parents "do" serve a conscience for me as well. ... I know this is temporary, and soon, before I know it, I will be out on my own in life. I will be having to make decisions entirely for myself.

Yes, I can realize my own strength and confidence by using my Daily Reading, counseling, and taking full advantage of the teamwork intervention program.

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon" by Jim Hogue, MFTI, 8-9.]

No comments: