*August 23rd*

Even though I am still a kid, perhaps I can learn to "let go" of the past. Maybe one of the reason I still get mad sometimes and speak the wrong way to my parents, is because I've done it for so long, I now feel so guilty. I wonder how it would have been if I had not done and said some things earlier. Would it be easier for me now to say and do the right thing? Do I automatically do what I see other kids do? But then there are some boys and girls who do "good" things. Why is it I don't follow their "good" example so often? Maybe I can do this. If I do, maybe people will give me credit for it.

Today's ReminderSometimes I act so sad and mad. Is it a way I manipulate others? It doesn't usually "feel" like I'm doing this. Yet, it could be what I'm doing, even when I don't feel it. I wonder if I am good and positive to some people, would they be good and positive to me? Will I improve to be pleasant and positive, even when things aren't going my way? Am I afraid to let those around me know I do have reasons to be happy, or do I want others to feel sorry for me?

"... that thou art happy, thou owest to God; that thou continuest such, thou owest to thyself." (John Milton: "Paradise Lost")

[Taken and converted for purposes of parent and child relationships, from "One Day At A Time In Alinon" by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI) 8-23]

No comments: