*August 18th*

Lots of times I've had long list of things I didn't like about people in my head. Especially against my parents when they would not let me do what I wanted to do. I don't really know why I've done that, it just "happens" I guess. Yet, the worst possible thing I can do is to keep over in my head, the things that have made me mad. How my life would be so much better and so much happier if I would erase these bad thoughts from my mind, so that each new day can be used to make things better. In this way, maybe I can find greater strength, one moment at a time, to take things that look bad, and make them better.

It is not my job to keep a list of what other people say or do wrong. It hurts me when I walk around getting angry over so many little things. What I should be doing is see what I do that is not good to do, then change what I can in my own actions, one thing at a time. This could be better for me and for my family.

Today's Reminder
Storing up grievances is more than a waste of time; it's a waste of life that could be lived to greater satisfaction. If I keep a record of oppressions and indignities in my heart, I am restoring them to painful reality.

I'm finding the things I've had against people are surprisingly easy to forget, once I practice living one day at a time and examine myself with the voice of my own conscience.

"The horror of that moment," the King said, "I shall never, never forget." ... "You will, though," said the Queen, "if you don't make a memorandum of it." (Lewis Carroll: "Through the Looking Glass")

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time" of Alinon, August 18th, for PARENT TEAM MEETING PROGRAM, by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: