*August 26th*

How often I think that when I don't feel good, it is someone else's fault. That is because a teacher, brother, sister, friend or parent is making me feel bad because they are not doing what "I" want them to do. Yes, I sometimes look outside myself to make an excuse for what his happening in my feelings inside me. Only "I" am to blame for what I feel and think inside me, just like the same is true for everyone else. Yet however difficult these many people act around me, I could do a great deal to make myself feel better by looking at my own actions and not the actions of everyone else.

Today's Reminder
I will examine my own attitudes and behaviors and face the fact that much of what I do - or leave undone - contributes to me not being happy. Like sometimes other people around me, I, too, have an unrecognized sense of guilt which I could overcome by correcting what I find wrong with me. My first job is to stop fooling myself, stop excusing my own shortcomings.

"If we say that we have no fault, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1st Epistle of John)

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Alinon" in the interest of family relationships, by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI, (2-4)]

No comments: