*August 12th*

It is difficult to overcome the habit of insisting that other people do what "I" want them to do. Sometimes doing what my parents ask me is very difficult. Still, I know that what my parents tell me to do is for my own good.


I must teach myself to gain my strength from God, and that He will help me be the kind of teen, and one day adult, that I can be. In this process, I will also learn to accept some things that happen around me that I would usually not like. I will look for, and appreciate my family and friends by being positive to them, and not so negative.


Today’s Reminder
I will not look for perfection in another person until I have become perfect myself. Since I know this will never be, let me learn to accept things as they are, and stop manipulating others into changing, and saying only what I want them to say. Let me look for a wiser approach to life "from myself", not from other people.


"Thou must learn to renounce thy own will in many things, if thou wilt keep peace and concord with others." (Thomas A’Kempis)


[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 8-12.]

No comments: