*August 19th*

My attitude toward another - whether they are doing what I want them to or not - can have a lot of influence on the life of my family. Maybe I have a habit of tearing down those who are close to me, showing my contempt for other peoples actions, if not out in the open, then secretly in my angry heart. Yet, I, and I alone, am responsible for the consequences of my own bad attitudes. Even a little understanding and kindness can go far to help me see how I hurt my parents, brothers, sisters and friends, when I say things out of anger designed to hurt and get even.

Today's Reminder
I never want to forget that my family, with whatever faults they may have, will always be my family. Also, they are children of God, and therefore deserve to be treated properly by me. I will be careful to not act like I'm their "boss" and "punisher", for I cannot destroy another person without also inflicting great damage on myself.

"It is easy, terribly easy, to shake a man's faith in himself. To take advantage of that to break a man's spirit, is devil's work." (G.B. Shaw: "Candida")

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time" Alinon, for August 19th, the PARENT TEAM MEETING PROGRAM by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: