*August 14th*

Admitting to myself that I'm doing something wrong in my life, that will likely cause me great pain in the future unless I change, is hard, but is still not good enough. Doing that alone will not stop me from the same kind of harm I will probably do to myself in the future. Aldo, it takes me admitting the harm I have done and am doing, speaking it to another person. It is best that this other person is an adult who loves me and is concerned for my personal safety. Me, and me alone, can take over what I am doing and stop it. When I do this, it will be because something changed within "me". The adults in the "parent intervention team" are waiting for that to happen, and are perfectly willing to congradulate me for the good I decide to do.

Today's Reminder
I will look back upon all the things I have done in creating the problems I have made for myself. Am I any better off today for the crazy things I have done?

"I pray for the strength and wisdom to stop insisting that everything that happens in my life must happen only as "I" want them to happen."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon" by Jim Hogue, MFTI , 2-1.]

No comments: