*September 10th*

Again I ask myself the same question as yesterday. "What am I doing with what I have?" This question can be applied in many ways. Take for instance the ability to remember. If I have been given the gift of a good, clear memory, how do I use it?

It isn't likely that God conferred this gift on me for the purpose of dredging up bad attitudes against my parents, or remembering bad things friends and fellow students sometimes say against me. That would clearly be a waste of this gift He has given me, when I have so many things in my life to be thankful for!

Today's Reminder
What am I doing with this precious ability to recall what happened in the past? If I use it to remember enjoyments and interesting experiences, it will give me a saving perspective on the problems I am encountering in each moment when each moment happens. I can also use the gift of memory for storing up today's blessings to give me strength and insight for challenges that will come in the future.

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." (Philippians)

No comments: