*September 8*

It is important that I remember that God has given me the parents I have. He expects me to learn to live with the parents He has given me. I am told in the program I am in, that learning to do what my parents tell me to do with a good attitude, prepares me for the life I will soon have as an adult. I have often believed that I was the only person in all the world with problems and difficulties. Too often I have insisted that things should go only the way "I" want them. I know some times I've been angry with my parents, but the fact is, I love them very much. If something was to happen to them, I would be very, very sad. Actually, my parents have qualities I very much appreciate. I just have to remember to think of them, instead of thinking only of "negative" things like I have often done.

Today's Reminder
In the counseling, teaching, videos and meetings I'm told to watch, read and listen to, I am learning why some things happen in the way they do. Maybe I can use the learn to know what to do about my occasional bad thinking and bad attitudes. If I can bring sunshine into my home, through being positive and having my first thoughts be "good" about people, surely it will make everyone feel better, and make me feel better also!

"God, help me to use the gifts You have given me. I want to use them to help others through making my own world better and brighter."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: