*September 3rd*

I should look to myself. Maybe what my parents and other people are trying to tell me is true. What is it that "I'm" doing that creates difficulties for me or aggravates the ones that are close to me? Could it be that I'm trying to fix everything by finding fault with somebody else? In my readings I am encouraged to examine "my" impulses, motives, actions and words. This helps me to correct the causes of my own unease and not blame it on others.

Today's Reminder
At first, the idea that we might be at fault isn't easy to accept. We find it hard to believe that our behavior isn't all it should be.

Once I overcome the habit of justifying everything I do, and make use of such tools as courtesy, tenderness and a warm interest in others, miracles will happen.

"If you cannot make yourself what you would like to be, how can you expect to have another person exactly to your wishes? We want to see others perfect, yet our own faults go unattended"
(Thomas A'Kempis)

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Alinon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: