*September 21*

What is the real reason I am not happy and find myself get so angry? "DETERMINATION" - The idea I have that I can change people around me with my will to make them change. This whole feeling of tightening up, preparing for battle then fight my parents and others, only gets me tired, have poor self-esteem and accomplishes nothing good.

I am not empowered by God to "even up" scores and make others "pay for what they've done to me." I will learn to relax my stubborn grip on all the details of my sufferings and allow the solutions to unfold by themselves.

Today's Reminder
I am only a small cog in all that goes on in the world. My trying to run things the way I insist is doomed to fail. Peace of mind comes in not controlling things that happen around me with my own sheer will. Only then will I have time to count the blessings I can be thankful for, as well as work on my shortcomings while enjoying each moment as it comes.

"What hurt could it do thee if thou wouldst let it pass and make no account of it? Could it even so much as pluck one hair from thy head?"
(Thomas A'Kempis)


[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: