*September 26th*

If I keep thoughts of anger in my mind, I will feel justified in "getting even" and "paying back" to others for how I believe done me wrong. Yet, nothing good comes of this. It only destroys my happiness and takes my peace away. Keeping bad thoughts in my mind causes me to feel depressed and gets me in trouble.

The fact is, there is no way I can know why someone has done something, beyond asking them and that person telling us. Many times I have miss understood, then when I know the truth, it is often too late and the harm has been done. One way I can repair my wrongs of the past, is to not preoccupy my mind with the wrong of others in the present. Think of how much strength and happiness I can save by doing this!

Today's Reminder
When I make my decisions to act in response to others, it is vital that I do so not with out-of-control frustration and anger. Only God is the one who an judge, because he alone knows peoples' motives.. As the verse says, "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord." ... Therefore any attempt at retaliation for an injury can only produce poor circumstances for me.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments. There are only consequences." (Robert G. Ingersoll)

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: