*September 27th*

Sometimes in my anger I want to go into the brains of my parents and turn screws in directions "I" think they should go! ... I'm starting to realize that judging as right or wrong what my father or mother think is not my job. There is no way I could do this anyway. Because of this, I have no choice but to turn the screws "in my own head", and do so in the direction that will cause me to feel good when doing the right things in my own life.

Today's Reminder
If my life feels like it's becoming unmanageable, how can I get control? Perhaps I can remember that parents, grandparents, teachers and other adults who make decisions in my life really care for me and wish me the best. I must remember there is protection for me as I live under the "umbrella" of their "love and authority." I will become an adult soon enough, there is no reason to rush it. Maybe, for now, God means for me to enjoy my life as a kid, and while doing so, leave the rest of the world's problems to the grown-ups to solve.

An honest effort to manage my own life will open many doors to me that my confused thinking had been keeping closed.

"If you cannot make yourself such a one as you wish to be, how can you expect to change another to what you wish them to be?"
(Thomas A'Kempis)


[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: