*September 18th*

I sometimes become angry with my parents. Sometimes I see I try to change them. Yet, maybe it is true that when I show kindness to my parents, they can be touched and change to be pleased to listen to my interest. Perhaps I have done things to destroy there ability to trust me. If this is true, there is much I can do to improve my situation. I have more control and power, with the help of God, to improve my life and situation. It can give me hope and strength knowing this.

I may think my problems are solved once I get past my mom or dad. I might believe I will be happier when I grow up and become an adult. Yet, interestingly, this is seldom the case with us kids. Maybe my parents are honestly trying to prepare me for the adult life I have before me.

Today's Reminder
Emotional disturbance is one cause for poor decisions and misbehavior of those we live with. I will remember that when I am "right" in a matter, I will be right the "right way." If I am right the wrong way, then my wrong is a greater wrong than the one I am correcting.

"God, you are my strength. Give me this strength at times when I need it."

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: