*September 19th*

I have much more to be grateful for than I realize. Too often I don't remember to give thought to all the things in my life that I could enjoy and appreciate.

Perhaps I don't take time for this important meditation because I'm too preoccupied with what does not seem to go my way. I allow my mind to keep filled with grievances, and the more I think of them, the bigger they seem to become. Instead of surrendering to God and His goodness, I let myself be controlled by my negative thinking into where my thoughts tend to stray unless I guide them firmly into brighter paths.

Today's Reminder
A period of meditation, every day, is necessary to emotional and spiritual development. If I meditate on what is good in my life, it will increase day by day and crowd out the self-pity and resentment over what I lack and what is hurting me. Suddenly I will find myself able to use God's help in managing my life and make it better than I can do myself alone..

"God has given us the faculties by which we are able to bear what comes to pass without being crushed or depressed thereby. Why then do we sit and moan and groan, blind to the Giver, making no acknowledgment to Him, but giving ourselves to complaints?" (Epictetus)

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon"
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: