*September 20th*

If bad behavior on the part of my family causes me to be angry with them, then I should take a look at myself.

People in my family, as also my friends at school, are not "terrible people" with no sensitivity or good inside them. They are only confused and guilt-ridden human beings with badly battered egos.

God has given no one the right to humiliate another person. In every one of us there are qualities that we should be nice to and appreciate. To not do so would be wrong.

Today's Reminder
It is vital to my personal happiness to separate to see confused behavior, and try to be kind to each person, especially my parents, brother or sister. I will remember the respect that each one deserves. This, in turn, will give my family back the self-esteem that each needs.

"The surest plan to make a ‘man' a ‘man' is; ‘Think him so.'"

[Taken and fashioned from "One Day At A Time In Al-Anon
for general family relationships by Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: