*September 28th*

"I" am the one who is responsible for changing myself. Change in how I treat people, and change in how I complete assignments and duties that are mine to complete. Sometimes others, including my parents, have been impatient and have, at times, insisted that I change "Now." One reason for this, is because I myself have refused to make change happen in my own life in ways that "I" should.

My parents, teachers and others care for me. They want the best for me. I am wrong to insist that they all be perfect before I will do for myself what is no one's responsibility but my own. How long will I continue to blame others for what I refuse to do for in my own life?

My responsibility is to love, forgive, and remember that those who try to help me are human too. My responsibility is to show respect and honor to the adults who are my parents and teachers, because one day I will be a parent, a teacher, an adult.

Today's Reminder
I will know longer require others to "Rescue" me from consequences that happen because I have made bad decisions or acted in anger or laziness. Each day, in some way, I will say or do something to show my parents and other teaching adults, that I appreciate their efforts to help me grow to me a mature adult.

"Lord, help me to remember that there are people in my life who love me and expect me to stop making excuses when I have done something I was not to do."

[Jim Hogue, MA, MFTI]

No comments: